Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chicks

My sweet Mama has wanted to have a hen house in our backyard for some time now.  We all laughed at her for wanting to become like Ma on Little House on the Prairie (classic show that everyone should watch for the betterment of their life. Amen.) But secretly we all backed this decision whole heartily, because we love eggs...and we love chicks...and we love fried chicken.  

I probably shouldn't have said that.

I probably shouldn't say a lot of things.

Forgive me.


Finally after several years of wishing and wanting, and begging and pleading, and crying and wailing My sweet Mama finally got her chicks.

My Brahman Breedin' brother did his fair share of wishing, wanting, begging, pleading, crying, and wailing as well. But that's normal.




Aren't they precious?

Don't you just want to swoop one up in your arms, swaddle it in a blanket, and rock it to sleep?

No?

Ok, maybe that's just me.


The Brahman Breeder loves the chicks.

He feeds them and waters them very diligently.

And then he holds them while I take his picture.

And then he yells at me for leaving the door open too long.

And then I run away crying.

And then I eat a spoonful of peanut butter and all is right in the world.

The End.



I can't wait until these baby chicks are full grown, and egg makin' machines.  Then all will be right in the world...again.



Peace, Love, & Who's craving a fried egg right now?

That would be me...Sweet T

No comments: