Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Lovely Dress (Made by a Lovely Mother)

Yesterday I mentioned how Trail had a dream...well when I was his age I had a dream too.

Except my dream wasn't as, we'll say realistic, as his is.  Mine was a little more out there.

You see I wanted royalty. 
Yes, I wanted to be a princess desperately bad.
Actually I pretty much thought I was a princess.

Mom likes to tell stories about how I would get all in a tizzy if Pop didn't call me "Princess" at least once a day...I don't believe I was that vain.

I think they are just saying those things.

Could I really have been that shallow?

I don't think so...

Even though I was the cutest girl in town, I definitely was NOT vain, and I've maintained a humble attitude to this day.

Anyways my dream was more than being just a princess, it was what came with being a princess.
The crown.
The Heels.
The ridiculously done hair.
And of course...the DRESS.

Well the other day my wonderful Mother made at least one of those dreams come true.

You see Homecoming was last week, and of course that means the Homecoming court.
Well, obviously someone was feeling generous, that day and they elected me and three other perfectly normal girls to be on the court.  So thank you, anonymous, generous person...you made a nerd(at hearts)s dream come true...

Anyways My wonderful Mother decided she would MAKE me a dress for Homecoming...and let me tell you it was a dress!

 This is the lovely dress in its final stages...

At this point, tears, blood, sweat, and Dr. Pepper, had been poured into this dress.
The labor was intensive, and my Mother still swears to this day (a week later) that she will never make one again...But being the kind-hearted soul that she is, she most likely will do the same for my younger sister.


 Mama also went to great pains to put just the perfect bow in the back of the lovely dress...it was lovely.
It made me happy.
It made me weep tears of joy.
It made me leap, I was so enthused.
And then I weeped again, when she made me take the dress off so she could sew the flowers on.


And this is the dress, all finished, and in perfect condition.
(Ignore the football player, his name is Colton by the way, and ignore the girl, her name is Beatrice by the way...just focus on THE DRESS.)

Isn't it lovely?

Isn't it perfect?

I owe it all to my Madre.
Thanks Mamcita you made my dreams come true.

NOTE:  Please excuse the sideways picture, I am not technically advanced enough to figure out how to rotate it.  Thank you.


Peace, Love, & Do you laugh at me when I'm not looking?

No comments: