Sunday, November 21, 2010

Grand Entries Gone Very Wrong

So yesterday I mentioned the fact that last weekend I almost broke my leg horseback.

Now keep in mind that this statement might be a bit of an overstatement, but nevertheless I experienced severe pain, and embarrassment.

So here it goes....

It started Saturday night at about 6:45 p.m.

We were at the Finals Ranch Rodeo in Amarillo Texas, where as some of you may know, there is a "Grand Entry" every night.

Now I imagine that they include the word "Grand" in this title because the entry is supposed to be just that: Grand, interesting, entertaining, void of all clumsiness...things such as these.  Well when you insert a certain cowgirl named "Summer" in the "Grand Entry" the entry becomes everything it is not supposed to be...i.e. Chaotic, scary, life threatening, etc...

Every night they allow one person from your team to carry a state flag, and this just happened to be my lucky night (and everyone Else's unlucky night.)

So when you carry the flag you are supposed to blast out into the arena, at full speed, carrying your flag high and proud.

So I did just that.

I blasted out of that tunnel on my com padre, Pink Panther, at full speed.

Carrying the flag high, and holding on to it tight because if I dropped it I would be subjected to embarrassment for the rest of my life, and possibly be shunned by everyone in the world.

As I rounded the first corner, I was feeling good, jolly even, because I had had no mess-ups up to this point.

And then we came to the second corner.....

As I approached the second corner, I began to get an uneasy feeling.  For a minute I thought it was just butterfly's, or stage fright or something, but then I realized it was my brain yelling at me to not cut the corner to sharp!

Well I didn't listen to my brain, and did just that....I cut the corner much to sharply.

This resulted in me colliding with the unfortunate horse and rider at that particular corner.
In fact, the collision was so severe, I would actually call it more of a...I don't know...crash at tornadic wind speeds?

Not only did I feel searing pain in my now numb leg, but I nearly knocked the unfortunate rider off his unfortunate horse.

But he didn't fall off...Instead he now has a bad case of whip flash.

And so does the rider in front of him, because once I hit him, he hit the rider in front of him, and so on and so forth.

Well I hope you get the picture of the disaster that I, along with the other injured riders, experienced at the Finals Ranch Rodeo, because I can not talk about it no more from this day forth.  You might also like to know that my complexion is permanently red from the embarrassment I still experience daily.

These are the last words I have to say on the matter: 
"Dear Injured rider(s) and Horse(s)...FORGIVE ME!...I am cursed with the "Klutz for life" syndrome, and you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, I apologize...send me your doctors bill.


Peace, Love & If you need me I'll be in my room applying cover up to my flushed face.

Sweet T

P.S.

Combine these two pictures and you'll understand what I looked like at the time of the unfortunate accident.


No comments: