Thursday, November 25, 2010

Ode to A BitterSweet Holiday

Oh Thanksgiving, Why must you taunt me so?
You advertise Happiness and Content. But you keep secret all your Woe.

And your Woe is this: You make me so full I must cry...
...You make me so full I cannot even sigh.

But I love you so much! This is the conflict I have raging within...
Your table is so bountiful I don't even know where to begin!

Right when I feel all is well, Right when I'm surrounded by family that is to my fancy,
You bring out your deathly weapon: Your table with Turkey and Dressing.


Peace, Love, & Turkey makes me Delusional

Sweet T


P.S. This post is dedicated to an Aunt who's name I must not mention (*ahem* Erica), because she feels that I did not do her, or pink, justice in my earlier "Thankful" blog post.

Now, I can't promise you that I'm going to dedicate a blog post to pink...but I will dedicate this one to you because I consider you a bit more special than pink...a bit. He He

Here you go Erica...You are lucky I find your so son so adorable.
And...I guess...I consider you and Matt adorable too.

P.S.S. I'm sorry I'm weird.

No comments: