Monday, May 30, 2011

The Opposite of the Garden of Eden

Today is the first day of my summer (Duh) so me and my lovely sister, and my Brahman Breddin' Brother got ambitious...

And no that doesn't mean we got up at 4:30 a.m. to go brand cattle (But don't think that hasn't happened before.)

Instead, we decided that since our Mother didn't plant a garden this year due to lack of time, rain, etc, and since we love vegetables so much, (well at least I do, I'm not sure I can say so much for my sister who has an unnatural love for junk food, and for my brother who thinks macaroni is a vegetable,) that we would plant our own garden.

And by the looks of our former garden from a year ago, it is going to be no easy task...


This is the state of our garden as of 12:00 p.m. today.

You will probably notice that it bares no resemblance to the Garden of Eden, but don't lose heart! Me, and my siblings plan to change that...


This is where our herb garden would go...And this is also where Max likes to stand and stare at me, or whoever else for hours on end. 

Forgive him, he's kinda weird.

Now, I know what your probably saying,

"There's no way they'll ever fix that dump!"

Or,

"They live in the desert?"

Or my personal favorite,

"Where are they going to plant the potato chips?"

And you could be right on all accounts, but I'm convinced that with a little TLC, my green thumb I plan to acquire, and some moisture, we can turn this desert into a lovely lush garden...or just a garden.


Peace, Love, & Pray for rain.

Sweet T


P.S. Seeing as this is my first garden, I am going to need all the help I can get, whether you laugh at me, pray for me, or send me gardening tips it is all appreciated. Amen.

1 comment:

Tori said...

You are so not the typical college student. At your age I didn't give a hoot about a vegetable garden. You are very mature.

Oh and don't plant the yellow squash and zucchini too close together!!!

Good luck!!