Monday, September 19, 2011

I Yearn for Kentucky

It's true.

Every night I lay in my bed, and dream of the lush, beautiful pastures of My Old Kentucky Home.

It's a place where all is right in the world.

Where little children can eat ice cream for supper.

Where parents never have to worry about what the children are having for supper.

Where horses and cattle are always standing in grass up to their belly's.

Where college students are always homework free.

It's paradise!

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating a little (just a tad wee little bit) but my family and I drove through Kentucky this summer, and it changed our lives forever.

OK, maybe I'm exaggerating again, but it is one of the most beautiful places I have evvvaaa seen before! I felt like a modern day Scarlett O'Hara just driving through it...I did, it's true.






Be still oh my soul!




We drove through the Kentucky Horse Park, and for a family whose lives involve lots of "Horse time" it was PARADISE with a capitol "I" for I want to live in this barn....


Do you think they'd let me?

I'd clean it all the time! (OK most of the time...)

I bet they would hardly even know I was there!



I'd even let my horses graze in this pasture...who am I kidding? That grass is so green, I'd probably graze in this pasture too.



Peace, Love, & The grass really is greener on the other side...at least in Kentucky it is.

Sweet T

No comments: