Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The Family that loves, and eats too much...

My parents have been living in their current house since I was in the 8th grade, so as you can imagine this house holds lots of memories for me.

It's where I became a "High Schooler." Awaiting the fun times that all ignorant, conceited teenagers think of when they become freshmen.

It's where I got my drivers license and the whole world cried.

It's where I became a senior , and held my "Hot Dog Bar & Cupcake Party" for my after-graduation party.  People are still talking about it.  Just kidding, all we did was eat Hot Dogs, cupcakes, and more cupcakes...Oh, and I think one of my cousins ate a bug but that is beside the point...

To sum it all up: This house is where I grew up.

I try not to get attached to things and I usually don't, but recently my parents bought a new house. A lovely house, with pens and barns and pink trim galore! I am very happy for them and it is already feeling like home, but that does not erase the fact that we won't be living in the same house anymore. (Duh)

Instead of getting overly emotional, and crying and carrying on like I never do *wink*wink* I am focusing on the positive, and the positive is this:


No matter where we choose to live as a family, the sun will still come up and still set. (God Willingly)

We will still go the feed yard every weekend to rope and cookout.

We will still have breakfast for supper (Brupper) at least 20 times a month.

We will still gather together to make fun of each other until someone ends up crying. (That someone is usually me, but no hard feelings or anything...)

We will still go to church on Sunday mornings, and nap on Sunday afternoons.

We will still be a family that loves, and laughs, and eats too much.

And I am forever grateful for that fact. Amen.


Peace, Love, & Go hug your family...All of them. At the same time.  Make it a group hug and don't let go until it turns into a mosh pit.

Just an Idea...

I'm weird.

Sweet T


No comments: