Monday, April 30, 2012

Pictures & Sweat Bee's

Yesterday I took pictures,got stung by a sweat bee, rode horses, and ate lemon bars. Amen.

That's all you really need to know.

Well, that and I am currently listening too (and singing) "Dream On" by Aerosmith.

Goodbye Forever.

Just kidding...You can't get rid of me that easily.

Lemme 'splain...


You see, this sweet family pictured above, was brave enough to allow me to take their family pictures yesterday, and they were brave enough to put up with me all afternoon, and brave enough to feed me dinner.  I think a round of applause in their honor is necessary right now.

Thank You.

The pictures turned out pretty good, but it's easy for pictures to turn out good when everyone in the family is photogenic...

People like that make me sick.

Because I am not photogenic.

At all.

Example A:

(NOTICE: I had to put my equally un-photogenic seester in here, so I'm not the only one that freaks people out. Amen.)

Example B:


Ok, I better stop before someone gets sick.


Moving on...

Yesterday, while I was taking the pictures, the forces of nature decided to chew me up and spit me out.

Translation: I got bit by a sweat bee...twice.  The poison released into my neck decided to ignite and make me break out into a cold sweat, get light headed, need to throw up, and have heart palpitations.

I survived though, in case anyone was wondering.

Sweat bee's have had it out for me since the 3rd grade when one of the little devils decided to get caught in my shirt and just go to town on my sweet flesh.  (That was a little descriptive...sorry.)  And I have been scarred (literally) ever since.

I think I'll just stay inside for the rest of my life.

Just kidding, I couldn't do that.  Especially after the horse ride I took last night.

My friend, Shandi, was kind enough to let me ride one of her horses last night on a neighboring ranch...Not just any neighboring ranch.  It was the most beautiful place I have ever laid eyes upon. Amen.

There were canyons, and ponds, and mesquite trees, and Bear Grass. (Or Yucca...we had different names for these plants, but that doesn't matter. What does matter is that I just want to eat the flowers off of them.  They look succulent. Is that weird?) 

It was tranquil.

It was lovely.

It made me want to become a Nomad, and live off it's land, eating the succulent flowers, and bathing in the pond, and howling at the moon with all the coyotes.

I need help.

I changed my mind about becoming a Nomad though when Shandi's mom fed me her lemon bars.  They are reason enough to stay civilized...for now.




Peace, Love, & Speaking of becoming a Nomad, I should probably learn how to hunt with a spear before I do that.

Sweet T

No comments: