Monday, April 18, 2011

Since it's Monday...

Since it hasn't rained in 5 months and 5 days, but who's keeping count right? (By the way...I made up that number because 5 is my lucky number today.)

And since I'm nothing short of a moron, I am going to write an ode to Rain....

Observe...Please.

Ode To Rain
As told by Sweet T

Rain.
The only word you rhyme with is pain.

But pain I would not feel
If you would come again and remind me you are real.

Alas! I weep aloud as you hasten not in your coming
Therefore, I might have to resort to plumbing.

I don't know why?
It might be because I'm shy.

You ask: What does that have to with rain?
Hush, and I'll answer you: Everything.

Because rain is love, and I love rain.
It our crops sustains.

As well as my skin, which is dry and fair.
I need rain to remind me he still cares.

Come rain, and make the ground glisten.
Fill the skies with thunder and I will listen.

Make frogs, and toads come out
And I will try my hardest not to shout.

Please rain, make haste!
So i, with mud, can make paste.

Amen.

Copywrighted...Or at least I like to pretend it is.


Peace, Love, & I think I'll go do a rain dance now

Sweet T

P.S. These are the kind of sights I miss...


No comments: