Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Laundry. The Southern Way.

I've learned so many things in college.

Like...

How to eat on a budget.

What time to go to the cafeteria so that you don't have to wait in line (No later than 10:45!)

How to cook meals in your microwave.

(Am I seeing a trend here?)

How to be very tidy in tiny spaces...Ok. I'm still working on that one.

How to do laundry....and more importantly how to dry laundry.

You see, I have this phobia of all my clothes shrinking or ripping in the dryer. So I usually just air dry my clothes.  Well today I did laundry for the first time in uh, FOREVER.  So I had lots of clothes to air dry, and very little space to do it in.  So I improvised...




I laid out all my jeans on the balcony...on the 6th floor.

Jeans. Outside. Balcony. 6th Floor....maybe not my brightest moment...or maybe it's ingenious? I don't know I haven't decided yet.

I've always wanted to be a southern belle, where I rocked in my rockin' chair on my big wrap around porch overlooking the southern sunset drinking sweet tea, where I would later get up tell my children to hush, and go hang the clothes up on the line...this isn't quite the same. BUT if you use your imagination it pretty much is...You all can now refer to me as Scarlett by the way.



Peace, Love, & I hope there aren't six pairs of jeans flying around all over the campus....

Sweet T


No comments: