Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A 'Nother Rodeo Post

Ok, Ok...after this post I promise I will stop blogging about The Rodeo, get on with my life and start thinking about other things.

Cross my heart.

Ok maybe that's a lie...

Ok that is most definitely a lie.  Forgive me!

I can't help it though, The Rodeo is what I look forward to every year, what I dream about at night, etc., etc.  So one or two more post and we shall call it quits...until next week.


Speaking of things I dream about at night...


I love cupcakes, and I cannot lie.

Which is exactly why at the rodeo, I had 3.5 of them.



You would've eaten 3.5 of them too if you were a self-proclaimed Cowgirl Cupcake Queen.

They even had little boots in them!  It was a sign that I needed to buy one, eat it slowy, and enjoy every single crumb! (Which is exactly what I did.)

 By the way...the boots weren't edible.  Just ask my Grandpa....and the Brahman Breeder.

It's was a marvelous thing to finally see a cupcake at a rodeo.  They're a match made in heaven...kind of like John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara.


Speaking of marvelous things....

This weekend I saw my Blogging idol.

The lady who's blog I idolize.

The blog that this lady writes that is my idol.

That's right.  I saw The Pioneer Woman.

I had heard tale that she was going to be at the Ranch Rodeo last weekend, but I didn't believe it because you know how rumors get started...I just silently hoped the rumors would be true. 

And guess what they weren't jackin' with me! (Word to your mother.)

She was really there!

When I saw her I laughed, I cried, I ran around in circles until my Mama slapped me and told me to get ahold of myself...and then I cried some more.

I so wanted to run over there hug her, and tell her that she is the reason I started blogging in the first place. She's also the reason I cook day and night when I am at home, and why I have an unnatural love for yelling "Pray for me!" in strange places.

But sadly, My Mama told me that that sort of behavior could be considered "stalking" and "obsessive."  Dreamkiller.

So I just watched from a distance (Without binoculars...because I didn't have any.) and waited for the day that I might be a famous, wonderful blogger, married to a wrangler wearin' cowboy just like The Pioneer Woman. Amen.


Peace, Love, & If you haven't read her blog, you haven't been living my friend.

Sweet T

No comments: