Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Texas I Know

The moment we pulled onto the (many) streets of Corpus, I knew we weren't in Texas anymore...

At least, we weren't in the Texas I had known all my life. The Texas I know is green, not blue. The Texas I know is abundant in wheat fields, and lacking in ocean waves. Its full of open space, and not the least bit congested. It has all you could ever want to see of fat, grazing cattle, and empty of annoying, pesty seagulls.


So you see to me Corpus is not Texas, but in all reality it is very much Texas, and at the Texas State FFA Convention it was full of teenage Texans, just like me who were suffering from culture shock.



Full of 11,000 teenage Texans to be exact...Folks, this is not a joke...I'm not pulling your leg in any way. There were 11,000 PEOPLE there. Is that insane, or am I just a country bumpkin? Coming from a town of 1,100, and going to a high school with 50 people you can imagine I was completely out of my element. In fact, I was downright scared. Just to remain sane, I had to have a paper bag in my hand at all times to keep from hyperventilating...Ok maybe thats an exagerration, but don't think it didn't cross my mind.



The Texas I know also has nothing close to transportation such as this...



Our transportatin looks a little more along the lines of this...



And as pretty as this is, we absolutely do not have views like this...unless its a really bright day, and we've had torrential rains...



My Texas's views look more like this...and you know I actually prefer this.




We also do not have wildlife like this, unless you go down to the local fishing hole and get really lucky and catch a whopper!...Who am I kidding, we don't even have a local fishing hole?



This is more like it...

Well, You've seen my Texas...and by doing so you now understand why I suffered from extreme shock in Corpus Chrisiti, actually I am still recovering. Theres no place like home.

Peace, Love, & Relating To Dorothy

Sweet T

No comments: