Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Corn Fed!

We are so blessed. We are so blessed to live in this part of the country where crops are bountiful. And even more recently, we are blessed to be corn fed.

You see, yesterday we were able to go pick some sweet corn from one of our kins fields, and we were also able to shuck it, boil it, put it up and so on...

We do this every year, and every year I'm amazed how much people love corn...Seriously, I mean these people ate corn all day! It's like they couldn't get enough...Ok, so I had my fair share of it too...



Scout started early on in the day inspecting the corn, and I think she rather liked it.



Yes, I would say she liked it ALOT.



Then Sutton Templeton (My other sweet cousin, who happens to be two years old as well.) "borrowed" Scouts corn...he actually "borrowed" it for the rest of the day.

And I'd say he loved it too.

Anyways...after we got done eating all the corn, with what little was left we proceeded to "put up."

It started with boiling all the corn, and then cooling it off so all us ladies could cut it off the cobb.



See? Doesn't it look fun...Believe me it was, and we got to do it for FIVE hours straight! And man was it a party!


Ok, so even if it wasn't a "party" it was quite satisfying to see all that corn on a platter that we could share & eat...hopefully mostly eat. (Is that gluttony?)


And then we proceeded to bag it up and put it in the freezer so we could have fresh corn all winter long?

In fact we have corn runnin' out of our ears...I think we could have corn every meal for a year, and still have some left over...Ok, so maybe thats an exaggeration, but seriously folks its a lot of corn!

So if you ever have a hankerin' for homegrown sweet corn, hit us up because we have a plenty!

Peace, Love, & Can you make cornbread out of corn?

Sweet T

No comments: