Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Decisions & Vitamin C Deprivation

I don't know if it's because I'm feeling low on nutrients, and deprived of Vitamin C (we're between food homes, aka: fridges, right now), or if it's because "The Day" is about exactly a month away...("The Day" is the big day, the day I head off to college, Eek!) but for some reason my future occupation has been on my mind ALOT lately, which I guess is only natural seeing as that it is a pending, and huge decision that I will have to make very soon.

It is also a decision that causes me to ramble, and be on the verge of hyperventilation everytime I talk about it.  Not because I'm scared, well partly because I'm scared, but mostly because I'm excited! And who wouldn't be right?

Here is my delima though:

I can't make a final decision on the career I should choose.

This isn't because I have no interests, in fact it's quite the opposite: I have too many interests!

So sit and back and enjoy the ride as I contemplate the pro's & con's of every "interest."

Note: This post is purely for my peace of mind, and if it bores you to death...well, then...Goodbye forever.  Just kidding, I will try to make it well worth your while.  Who knows? It may cause you to evaluate your career choice, and then change the course of your life forever...probably not, but right now I have an overactive imagination, forgive me.

Interest #1:  Journalism! Basically writing...

Writing is something I do everyday without fail...even if it is just in my mind. 

And yes, I do "write" things in my mind, this is just proof of how big a nerd I am, and also proof of how much I love to write.

Writing is something I have always loved to do.  I think it sparked in first grade when I won 1st place in the creative writing contest, and again in 2nd grade, and 3rd grade, and then they crushed my dreams in 4th grade and I got 3rd place...I still believe that those judges didn't know what they were talking about.

No I'm not holding a grudge, why do you ask?

Writing is also easier for me than talking, because when I talk I sound like a bumbling bimbo, and when I write I "sound" like a slightly/possibly funny bumbling bimbo, so it's a much better alternative for me.

Writing + this moron = contentment

And they said I wasn't good at math...pssht!

Interest #2:  Cooking!

Cooking, cooking, cooking...I can't say it enough, and I can't do it enough!

I have not always loved to cook, but I most definitely have always loved to eat. 

This Christmas is really when my love for cooking started to show.  And it all began in one day when I stayed home for possibly/probably 12 hours straight, and cooked for every single minute.  I was cooking for all my teachers. (We were making them Christmas "goodies" so that we would all pass the semester...Just Kidding! Kinda...)  I made candies, breads, cookies, and somewhere in between all that, lunch.  It was a beautiful day full of fun, sugar, and lots of calories...just the way I like it.  And I haven't stopped cooking since. 

I have caught myself sitting in class thinking about how I could make different versions of lasagna, or what I could fill my cupcakes with that would be a welcomed & delicious surprise.  I still think about things like that almost hourly, but I have calmed my imagination down enough to where I can now hear people when they speak to me...it was beginning to become a problem.

Example:

Mama: Hey Summer, what'd you make on your math test today?

Me:  Eggplant Parmesan!

Just kidding...I didn't take math.

Interest #3: Uh...Clothes!

I can't help it. I'm a completely hopeless gal, and hopelessly complete gal when it comes to clothes.

I love them! 

I need them! (Duh)

Putting clothes together is just something that is so simple, and so fun to me.

I know it sound slightly shallow, and like my name should be changed to Elle Woods, but it is what it is, and it is this: I LOVE CLOTHES!

And I always have...

When we put Bonnie Concho in, I was thrilled, ecstatic, and started looking immediately into things we could put into our store, and I didn't want anything that was main stream or "in style" I wanted something that is different, maybe a bit unusual, and plain out fun...something that people could wear, and be themselves, and be confident doing so. Amen.

So these are my interest...  There are many more, but I had to narrow it down somewhere, and I really don't think "Being the boss" counts as an Interest so, I left it out.

I've been having a lot of conflicting thoughts about all my interest.  It's just that I love them all so much, and want to do them all all day, everyday.  But I know that is not possible...unless...I'm a blogger about food & fashion! And being the boss!

I know that right out of college though, that those chances are highly slim...for now.

As I was contemplating my "decision" though I realized something...That I need to do what makes me happy, and what is fitting in The Lord's eyes...and what makes me a billionaire...Just kidding on the last part...kinda.

So I'm not worried anymore...in fact, I think I'm even more excited now because, I know that whatever I choose, it'll be what I was meant to do, and I can't think of anything more fulfilling than that.


Peace, Love, & Thank you for listening to me while I'm very deprived on Vitamin C.

Sweet T

No comments: