Monday, July 18, 2011

Pioneer Woman Meatloaf

I am not normal....

I am not normal because I have a deep, un-normal (obviously,) love for meatloaf.

I could eat it for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner, and at midnight when I'm watching Steel Magnolias, yet another reason why I am not normal.

I could take a bath in meatloaf, and never think a thing about it.

Sorry I think that was too much information, but you get my point.

These are the reasons why today, for lunch, I am making meatloaf!

Can you hear the angels singing in chorus?!

Or is that just me....

Sorry, I get dramatic sometimes...

I'm not making just any 'ole meatloaf though....

I am making a meatloaf invented by the one, the only, she is pretty much my Blogging idol, The Pioneer Woman.

The Pioneer Woman is everything I want to be when it comes to a blogger: She's witty, she's clever, she cooks, she decorates, she takes pictures, she shops, and she lives on a ranch...need I say more?

But enough about her, lets talk about the star of the show today, MEATLOAF!


So after throwing in some of this, and some of that into a bowl I mixed it all together with my hands, which I considered disgusting since I don't particularly like touching raw meat and eggs with my hands, but I'll do anything for meatloaf, Amen.



THEN!

Yes, then I put bacon all over it, and then I passed out from a joy overload.

But, it gets better...



I made a "gravy" to put over the top that consisted of ketchup, dry mustard, and brown sugar, and I then I passed out from a joy overload...again.

The meatloaf is cooking in the oven as we speak and I shall do my best to eat so much I pass out as soon as it's out of the oven.

Wish me Luck.


Peace, Love, & the ultimate comfort food

Sweet T

P.S. Go find the recipe here! Pioneer Woman Meatloaf

No comments: