Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Super Supper

Today...

I came home from church.

I took a nap.

I woke up.

I ate a Granola Bar.

Then I was still hungry so naturally, I cooked...well I guess if we're being politically correct I should say: "My Mom, my sister, & I cooked."

But I really don't care all that much about being politically correct...I don't think?

What does politically correct even mean?

Oh well...I don't care all that much about knowing what "politically correct" means...I don't think?

Anyways, now that we've established yet again that I'm a hopeless moron...tonight when we were all hungry, and all tired, and all looking forward to a new episode of, The Next Food Network Star, we cooked Green Chili Pork Stew & Shortcakes for a quick and sure to be D-lish meal.

Observe.


Green Chili Pork Stew is a very difficult and precise dish...and if you believe that you will also believe that my name is Thelma and I am an Olympic swimmer. (OK, I lied I'm not an Olympic swimmer, I practically drown looking at water.  Oh, and my name is not Thelma.)

In other words this is the easiest stew to make in the history of mankind. Forever and ever, Amen.

All you do is chop up a pork chop and spice it up with a little cayenne, garlic, salt, pepper, and anything else you could imagine or think of.

After the meat is done take it out, and set it aside while you saute the onions and green chili's.

You then proceed to thicken the soup with Chicken goup which frankly, grossed me out and I really don't want to talk about it ever again...

But after I got back from gagging we added kidney beans, black beans, garbanzo beans, and hominy & tomatoes.  I wonder if the hominy and tomatoes have a "Not bean" club...I would if I were them, but then again I'm not normal...

After all this has been added you cook it until your ready to eat it, and you enjoy it because it is delicious, and will make you cry sweet tears of food lovers joy.  Or at least that's what I do...but then again I'm not normal...



Tortillas & sour cream help things out alot too...

But now to my favorite part: Dessert!

If dessert were a man I would profess my undying love to him, and then ask him to marry me.

I can't believe I just said that...moving on...


Me & Autumn made these shortcakes for dessert, and they were what I like to call, D-lish!

The "D" stands for "dessert."  OK no it doesn't, I just made that up, but it makes sense to me...


We topped them with ice cream, and berries that we cooked on the stove with almond, sugar, and cinnamon.  Then we ate them so fast we couldn't remember what happened to our dessert, so we made another plate and ate it just as fast.

FYI, I'm eating another one as we speak, and I don't even feel guilty.

OK I feel a little guilty, but I'm going to run 2 miles in the morning so I think I just justified my actions...at least in my head I did.

I love super suppers, and I love all of you, Amen.


Peace, Love, & I think I'll have another shortcake...just for kicks.

Sweet T

No comments: